As the only Canadian developer entrusted with Nintendo IP, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged and most recently, Metroid Prime: Federation Force.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada's Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking a Technical Character Artist who is eager to join our team to bring to life characters from concept to completion.
- Work closely with the Character Artists and Animators under direction of the Art Director to provide functional in-game assets
- Assist Character Artists and Animators with skinning and rigging of character/prop assets including setups for facial animation
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation and Animation team
- Effectively learn and use proprietary tools
- Work with Programmers and Technical Artists to help maintain and improve our proprietary tools and pipelines
- 2+ years experience in videos games. Preferably in Character Development/ Character Setup
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max preferred
- Experience with rigging, skinning/weighting and character pipelines
- Understanding of classical animation concepts and supporting animation tools
- Understanding of next gen character creation concepts including quality facial morph target development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to embrace and provide constructive feedback
- Animation experience a plus
- Character modeling experience a plus
- Basic Understanding of Scripting (Maxscript/Python, Mel). Preferably MaxScript
- Prior experience creating complex Custom Rigs and Deformations, preferably in 3DSMax
- Previous experience using and creating custom facial tools/implementation
- Solid understanding of human/creature anatomy
- Solid understanding of form, shape language, silhouette and composition
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.