As the only Canadian developer entrusted with Nintendo IP, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged and most recently, Metroid Prime: Federation Force.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada's Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking an Environment Artist to join our team of seasoned, passionate and talented game developers. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate for an Environment Artist position who is eager to be part of our team. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and other art team members to develop game environments that fulfill the art vision for the project
- Use current gen techniques to create world assets that set an inspirational quality bar for the team
- Create benchmark levels and level assets that are game engine compliant
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to the project goals
- Test and proactively troubleshoot areas that are not working in the game engine and help to fix them
- Maintain and constantly improve your artistic skills and foster a creative working environment
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in computer gaming or related field, creating run-time environments
- A strong portfolio of in-game environment artwork
- Previous experience on an AAA title
- Demonstrated expertise working with 3ds Max’s modeling and texturing tools
- Proficiency with modular building techniques and grid system
- Proficiency in Zbrush & Photoshop
- Proficiency with bug-tracking software
- A good overall understanding of current gen art techniques and processes
- A good understanding of modeling requirements for video games
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient writing skills and the ability to document procedures and pipelines
- Good organizational skills including ability to schedule and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to embrace and provide constructive feedback
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.