As the only Canadian developer entrusted with Nintendo IP, Next Level Games is best known for its work on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged and most recently, Metroid Prime: Federation Force.
Since the company’s inception in 2002, Next Level Games has been a leading small employer and pioneer in setting best practices for desirable workplaces in the gaming industry. Our company has been recognized over the years for our studio culture by organizations including BC Business Magazine, WorkLife BC, Canada's Top 100 Employers, and BC’s Top Employers.
We are currently seeking a Lighting Artist to join our team of seasoned, passionate and talented game developers. Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
- Establishing lighting benchmarks for current project and creating documentation
- Responsible for lighting for both environments and cinematics
- Work closely with environment artists to ensure consistency and quality of assets
- Traditionally skilled artist with strong understanding of composition, colour, space, structure and form
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable and quick to learn
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Exceptional attention to detail and a keen eye
- Ability to deliver quality assets under general direction and instruction
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines in an open, tightly scheduled team environment
- 3+ years work experience lighting – at least one shipped game/project in the role of Lighting Artist
- Post-secondary diploma in 3D Art or equivalent experience preferable
- Proficiency with 3D Studio Max or equivalent animation software and Photoshop
- Must have strong understanding of lighting and shadowing techniques in games (radiosity, ray-tracing, HDRI, dynamic lighting, lightmaps, vertex lighting)
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.