Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
3D CHARACTER ARTIST
We are looking for a 3D Character Artist to join our team at Next Level Games. You will work alongside our other Character Artists as well as our Concept Artists, Animators, and Art Director. You will play a key role in bringing the much-loved characters in the Nintendo universe to life!
- Collaborate with the Art team and the Art Director to carry out the art vision for the project
- Collaborate with Animators and Designers to reinforce gameplay goals through Characters and Characterization
- Create art assets that help set an inspirational quality bar for the team
- 2+ years video game experience, with at least 1 AAA title shipped in the 3D Character Artist role
- Strong portfolio of in-game character artwork (Stylized characters a plus)
- Proficiency in Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter to create high quality characters
- Understanding of mesh topology for deformation and rigging
- Experience in digital sculpting, modeling, UV mapping and texturing
- Knowledge of current gen shaders
- Experience with Substance Designer a plus
- Experience with console hardware a plus
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple mediums a plus
YOU SET YOURSELF ABOVE WITH
- Technical understanding of composition, colour, space, structure, and form
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong desire to help solve problems and collaborate with the team
- Excellent intrapersonal skills
- An ability to perform well under pressure
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Embraces and provides constructive feedback
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants who already have work eligibility in Canada.