Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration on building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are currently looking for a passionate Concept Artist who is excited to join our team. You will play an important role in executing on the unique artistic style and help to create an experience that will have a major impact on our players.
You will collaborate with the Art Director, Environment Art Lead and Concept Lead to create concepts across all game areas. You will be hands on concepting assets, scenes, and props, working hand in hand with our Environment artists, Animators, and Designers.
- Create detailed world art concepts
- Help explore new game mechanics
- Leverage your artistic abilities to help improve gameplay and the player experience through your understanding of gameplay fundamentals
- Demonstrate creativity and passion
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience with Photoshop and a knowledge of 3D software, with an ability to approach concept work in a variety of ways
- Ability to work quickly through rough revisions and carry a concept through to final polish
- Hands-on approach – able to collaborate with team members effectively
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines, including Game Designers, Level Designers and 3D Artists and animators
- Strong understanding of composition, form, shape language, lighting, color theory and material properties
- Experience creating storyboards
Please include your portfolio in either the cover letter or your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants who already have work eligibility and are residing in or willing to relocate to Metro Vancouver.