Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration to building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our rendering engineer team at Next Level Games. Our group has a strong history of developing creative solutions to empower artist and designers to push the technical boundaries of Nintendo hardware.
We are seeking out someone who can help turn artistic vision into reality. In this role, you will work alongside the rest of the rendering engineer team, the technical director, and the art leads to both create custom game features as well as extend our proprietary rendering engine.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of video game industry experience
- Strong software engineering skills at a systems level
- Experience with a modern graphics API such as DirectX, Vulkan, or Metal
- Experience with GPU profiling and optimization
- Thorough understanding of 3D rendering techniques and algorithms
- Strong 3D math skills
- Proficiency with C++
- Ability to work productively within a team environment
- Self-drive and organization
- Passion for technical creativity
YOU SET YOURSELF ABOVE WITH:
- Experience with console hardware development
- Development of multi-threaded programming and renderers
- Maya SDK and Mel programming experience
- Python programming experience
- C# programming experience
- Pursuit of the latest research and techniques in computer graphics
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Preference will be given to candidates who reside in and around Vancouver, and also candidates who are willing to relocate.