Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration on building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Environment Artist who is excited to join our team. You will play a key role in executing on the unique artistic style and creating environments that have major impact on our players.
You will be heavily involved in the Environment workflow. You will be responsible for creating environments that are on style and represent the quality that we all know and love with Nintendo games. You will be hands on creating assets, scenes, and props, working hand in hand with our Concept artists, Junior artists, and Game Designers.
- Play a key role in our day-to-day creation of environments
- Leverage your artistic abilities to help improve gameplay and the player experience through your understanding of gameplay fundamentals
- Demonstrate creativity and passion
- Help manage Junior artists – provide meaningful and timely feedback to help them improve their skills as artists
- Help set goals alongside the Production team for the Environment artists
- Support Production with planning and be knowledgeable about timelines
- Support our Lead Environment Artist with outsourced assets and ensuring that they are up to quality
- Minimum of 5 years as an Environment Artist or must have shipped a minimum of 2 shipped console games
- Experience and skill with hard surfaces, organic forms, and architectural subject matter
- Experience in Maya, Z brush and Substance suite
- Solid understanding of 3D pipelines and best practices
- Hands-on approach – able to collaborate with team members effectively
- Strong understanding of composition, form, and shape
- Experience with procedural content creation is a plus
Please include a link to your art portfolio in either the cover letter or your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants who already have work eligibility and are residing in or willing to relocate to Metro Vancouver.