Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration on building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are currently seeking a UI Artist who is eager to join our team.
The successful candidate will be involved throughout UI workflow. They will be responsible for making UI flows and style targets in collaboration with Game Designers. They will work in the UI Editor building screens, textures and animations for game interfaces in collaboration with UI Engineers.
- Must have shipped a minimum of one game in the role of UI Artist.
- Solid understanding of UX methodologies and best practices.
- Hands on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows etc.
- Have a proficiency in interface design and texture creation tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, After Effects, and Figma.
- Experience building Front End and In-Game UI components.
- Can help define visual direction, create style guides, help maintain overall visual and design quality, work on documentation and help guide more junior team members.
- Must be detail oriented, user focused, skilled in color, composition and motion design.
- Works well within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and organized.
Please include a link to your art portfolio in either the cover letter or your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants who already have work eligibility and are residing in or willing to relocate to Metro Vancouver.