Next Level Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Co., Ltd.
We’ve been passionate about video game development for 20 years now, shipping award-winning games for fans across the world and still going strong. Some of our titles include Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Metroid Prime Federation Force, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and most recently Mario Strikers™: Battle League.
At NLG, we believe that a project finds success when we all work together in harmony. Therefore, we place careful consideration on building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels welcome and has fun in the process of achieving our shared goals.
We are looking for a UI Engineer with a strong career aspiration for UI Engineering to join our team at Next Level Games. Our group takes great care and pride in developing creative solutions that empower artists and designers, as well as crafting experiences that are accessible for every type of player.
The right candidate will be someone who can help us turn artistic vision into reality. In this role, you will work alongside the rest of the multidisciplinary UI team to create both custom UI features and a first-class user experience.
- Worked on at least one shipped AAA console/PC game
- Experienced in both the production and the finaling phases as a UI Engineer
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Clear sense of what makes a good user experience and willingness to share those ideas within the team
- Comfortable working with both traditional 2D UI as well as in-world UI
- Self-starter/motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Professional level C++ skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well within a team environment
- Familiarity with competently testing, debugging, and extending other Software Engineers’ code
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
YOU SET YOURSELF ABOVE WITH:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with C#
- Previous work with language localization
- A positive attitude and sense of humour
- A love for games!
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. We are currently only considering applicants who already have work eligibility in Canada.